Learn everything you need to know about the industry
As an office clerk, you will be expected to perform a variety of administrative tasks such as answering telephones, typing or word processing, making copies of documents, and maintaining records. Through our seven-week Office Clerk program, you will learn the necessary skills and knowledge needed to work in virtually any office environment. Rather than performing a single specialized task, general office clerks have responsibilities that often change daily with the needs of the specific job and the employer. Through our course, you can expect to gain confidence in the following task requirements:
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, and transfer calls to staff
- Sort and deliver incoming mail and send outgoing mail
- Schedule appointments and receive customers or visitors
- Provide general information to staff, clients, or the public
- Type, format, or edit routine memos or other reports
- Copy, file, and maintain paper or electronic documents and records
- Prepare and process travel vouchers, billing, or other office documents
- Obtain information, send correspondence or perform data entry tasks
Helping you to find long-term positions after you graduate, we aim to help you find the job of your dreams. To begin your program training, contact us today.
Weeks: 7 Credits: 14
- Introduction to Personal Computers & Windows
- Word Processing – Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet Basics – Microsoft Excel
- Keyboarding I
- Customer Service & Modern Office Skills
- 10-Key by Touch
ARE YOU CAREER TRAINING READY? FIND OUT!
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.