Medical Office Administration
Take control of your future
Medical office administration positions perform vital functions that keep medical offices running efficiently and keep day-to-day operations of medical facilities on track. Medical office administration professionals perform clerical functions such as answering telephones, assisting patients with paperwork, scheduling appointments and obtaining referrals. They also assist the medical practice with daily office operations including ordering supplies, bookkeeping and sorting mail. Medical office administrators have versatile roles and can work in many types of practices. Stellar Career College’s Medical Office Administration certificate program prepares students for entry-level employment in a medical or dental office or other health-related professional office setting.
Let us help you find success through a stable career
Through a blend of classroom instruction and lab training, you can receive an in-depth education in medical office administration, including written and spoken communication, office administration, medical billing and coding, and medical office operations.
Upon completion of the Medical Office Administration program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to perform medical office procedures and administration and medical billing and coding within the health care setting;
- Communicate with patients and other professionals and visitors in the health care setting;
- Provide patient and client information and instructions; and
- Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking, work collaboratively, communicate clearly and act professionally.
Contact us today to find out how to get started!
Weeks: 16 or 32 Credits: 32
- Medical Insurance Applications
- Fundamentals of Health Care
- ICD-10-CM, CPT Coding, HCPCS
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Disease Classifications
- Health Insurance Claims
Students enroll in this program to seek post-graduation employment in positions typically including:
- Medical Office Clerk
- Medial Receptionist
- Medical Insurance Biller
- Medical Coder
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Front Office
- Customer Service Representative
- Information/Data Processing
Graduates of the program are qualified and encouraged to take the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification examination. Tuition includes a prep course and one exam attempt fee.